The British TV Streaming Guide: US Edition, Winter 2024 is now available. Get yours HERE.
In some cases, we earn commissions from affiliate links in our posts.
Last Updated on November 12, 2023 by Stefanie Hutson
If you enjoyed Harry Wild when it premiered earlier this year, we've got great news for you. It's going to be returning for another season. In an August 10th announcement, it was mentioned that more than 40% of Acorn TV subscribers had given the series a try – making it the most successful series launch and most-watched season of ANY series on Acorn TV in 2022.
What's Harry Wild About?
Set in Ireland, this 2022 series follows Jane Seymour (The Kominsky Method) as a recently retired English professor with a knack for investigation and a tendency to interfere in her police detective son’s cases. When the series kicks off, she's staying in his home recovering from a mugging and she starts poking around in his work. As the series carries on, she makes new friends and realises she's actually pretty good at meddling in mysteries.
With an amateur sleuth and relatively little on-screen death or violence, this one falls mostly under the “cosy” category, but there's a fair bit of swearing from the main character – so that might be a deal breaker (or selling point) for some.
You can watch the official season 1 trailer below:
What's Happening in Season 2 of Harry Wild?
Season 2 will bring us another six episodes in which Harry and Fergus find their way into new mysteries.
- Episode 1 – When Ray is murdered, Harry (Jane Seymour, The Kominsky Method) and Fergus (Rohan Nedd, Whitstable Pearl) will stop at nothing to find the killer…
- Episode 2 – Harry and Fergus look into a woman’s disappearance from a village with a history of devil worship.
- Episode 3 – When a maid of honor is poisoned at a bachelorette party, Harry and Fergus have no shortage of suspects.
- Episode 4 – When an old friend is framed for murder, Orla must ask the last person she wants to for help – Harry.
- Episode 5 – The fun dies at a hotel’s murder-mystery party as participants realize a murderer lurks among them.
- Episode 6 (FINALE) – When the owner of Fergus's boxing gym is killed, he and Harry are determined to find the killer.
Who's Involved in the Cast & Production of Harry Wild?
Stars Jane Seymour and Rohan Nedd (Whitstable Pearl) will return as the series leads. Kevin Ryan (Guilt) is also expected to return as Harry's son Charlie.
Other cast members include Stuart Graham (The Fall, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy) and Amy Huberman (Finding Joy, Striking Out).
Harry Wild is executive produced by Jane Seymour, Daniel March, Klaus Zimmermann, James Gibb, Morgan O’Sullivan and James Flynn. Acorn Media Enterprises, the company’s London-based development division, co-produces.
The series was created and written by David Logan.
When Will Season 2 of Harry Wild Premiere?
Season 2 will premiere on October 9th with two episodes on Acorn TV. The remaining four episodes will premiere weekly with one episode each Monday through November 6th.
While You Wait for Season 2 of Harry Wild…
Given that it's only just been renewed, we still have a bit of a wait for season 2 of Harry Wild. In the meantime, there's no shortage of great British TV to enjoy: