The British TV Streaming Guide: US Edition, Winter 2024 is now available. Get yours HERE.
In some cases, we earn commissions from affiliate links in our posts.
Last Updated on October 24, 2019 by Stefanie Hutson
If you enjoy a good cozy mystery, you've probably been eagerly awaiting the third season of Agatha Raisin. Originally cancelled, this delightful show was saved by Acorn TV and brought back for a second season late last year. Now, Season 3 is on its way and we couldn't be more excited.
Agatha Raisin Season 3 Details
So far, information about Season 3 is fairly minimal – but we do have one really big thing to share. The first episode will premiere on Monday, October 28th with an adaptation of Agatha Raisin & the Haunted House.
Ashley Jensen returns for Season 3, and in this one we see Agatha taking on a new challenge. Inspired by all the murders she's been solving, she decides to open a detective agency with James Lacey. Unfortunately, her London PR skills don't seem to have transferred well to detective life, and they struggle to get any clients. Rather than throwing in the towel, James suggests they investigate a local house known to be haunted…and as one might expect, they get more than they bargained for.
We don't know anything about the episodes that follow that, but we'll update this post as more details become available. You can also sign up for our newsletter HERE if you're interested in getting updates about Agatha Raisin and other British TV news.
What's the Hardest Part About Being Agatha?
A while back, we had the chance to talk with Ms. Jensen about her role in Agatha Raisin. We talked about the character, who she'd love to see guest starring, and what she feels is the hardest part of the role. You can read the full transcript of the interview HERE.
Catch Up with Agatha Raisin Before Season 3
Since we've still got about 2 months until the new episode premieres, that gives you plenty of time to get caught up if you're not familiar with the series. There are 9 episodes from Season 1 to watch, 3 movies in Season 2, and if you're feeling really ambitious, you could start in on the novels. We've listed them all below – including the latest installment, Beating About the Bush, which comes out in early December 2019.
- Watch Series 1 of Agatha Raisin on Acorn TV: Click here for Acorn TV | Click here for Acorn on Amazon
- Watch Series 2 of Agatha Raisin on Acorn TV: Click here for Acorn TV | Click here for Acorn on Amazon
- Read the books here:
- The Quiche of Death – Series 1
- The Vicious Vet – Series 1
- The Potted Gardener – Series 1
- The Walkers of Dembley – Series 1
- Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage – Series 1
- Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist
- Agatha Raisin and the Wellspring of Death – Series 1
- Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham – Series 2
- Agatha Raisin and the Witch of Wyckhadden
- Agatha Raisin and the Fairies of Fryfam – Series 2
- Agatha Raisin and the Love from Hell
- Agatha Raisin and the Day the Floods Came – Series 1
- Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious Curate – Series 2
- Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House – Series 3
- The Deadly Dance
- The Perfect Paragon
- Love, Lies, and Liquor
- Kissing Christmas Goodbye
- A Spoonful of Poison
- There Goes the Bride
- Busy Body
- As the Pig Turns
- Hiss and Hers
- Something Borrowed, Someone Dead
- The Blood of an Englishman
- Dishing the Dirt
- Pushing Up Daisies
- The Witches Tree
- The Dead Ringer
- Beating About the Bush (December 3, 2019)
- There are also a couple of shorter titles…
- And a BBC radio series with Penelope Keith as Agatha…
- Be sure to check out author M.C. Beaton and Acorn TV on Facebook.
Will You be Watching Season 3 of Agatha Raisin?
Will you be tuning in for the new season when it premieres this October? We definitely will. Come October 28th, I expect you'll find us with a bucket of Halloween treats and Acorn queued up on the television.
Save it on Pinterest!